In the morning rush hour, it’s quite common for you to inadvertently touch a hot dish which you have just removed from your microwave oven, or sustain minor burns and scalds while handling gas-stoves. That is enough to get you in a frenzy, and you comb every nook and corner of your house and almost turn your house topsy-turvy in your frantic search for the elusive first-aid box. However, in this process, you more or less forget about the throbbing burn which badly needs your attention.
Don’t waste your time, thus; cut short your futile search and look around your kitchen and later on in your garden. Here’s how you can use common ingredients of the kitchen like turmeric, honey, ice-cubes etc. to treat burns. Serious cases of burning and scalding require immediate medical attention and certain cases might need hospitalization also. The remedies mentioned here below are only for minor burns.
* Gently pour ice cold water immediately on the affected area or you might even try compresses of ice cubes. Do this for more than 5-7 minutes or until the pain stops. If any blister has formed, do not prick it.
* Here again, aloe the wonder herb can come to your rescue. Just spread a thin pulp of Aloe-vera gel over the affected part. Do it twice or thrice in a day if necessary.
* And also you might try using the wonder condiment of the kitchen ‘turmeric’ (haldi), well known all over the world for its numerous medicinal uses. Just apply a paste of turmeric and honey on the affected parts.
* You could also anoint pure til (Sesame) oil over the wound.
* Smearing pure honey over the wound also provides relief.
* Grind leaves of pomegranate (anar) into a fine paste and apply over the burns. This treatment produces a cooling effect also.
* Crush a potato and grind it into a fine paste. Apply this paste over the wound to ward off burning sensation.
* Pure coconut oil is also a very useful remedy to count on. Just apply it on your throbbing wound.
* If you do have banana plants in and around your house, you might even apply the juice obtained from the stem of the plantain tree on your burns.
See also: Home remedies for wounds
Related Posts That You May Like: