It’s quite natural for us to suffer from tiredness and fatigue after a hard day’s work. Sometimes this tired all-gone feeling persists even on arising after a night’s sleep and one feels so haggard and drained of energy that one finds it difficult to even get on with day-to-day work. Fatigue could be mental, due to a tired mind or physical due to tired muscles. Mental strain, frustration, over-exercising, little or no zest for life– all these could be some of the reasons for your fatigue. Your energy level is also at its lowest after a bout of illness like fever or diarrhea, and hence you feel weary all the time.
When you are suffering from fatigue, don’t just brush it off casually and go on with your work. Pay heed to this call which almost says, “Take it easy. It’s time to recharge your mental battery and renew your physical energy.” If it’s mental- exercise. If it’s physical -rest. So, identify the exact cause of your tiredness and act upon it accordingly. To regain that pep and spark off your spirits and boost your sagging energy levels, try out some of these tips and home remedies.
* Dates (Khajur) are great sources of instant energy. These should be taken regularly along with a glass of milk.
* Add a pinch of cardamom powder to a cup of tea. This relieves physical strain and trounces tiredness.
* Soak 5-6 almond kernels in water overnight. Next morning, drain water and collect the kernels. Remove the husk by rubbing. Grind all the kernels into a fine paste. Mix it with equal quantities of powdered sugar candy and fresh butter. Take this recipe early in the morning along with a cup of milk. It tones up the brain and cures chronic cold, cough, headache etc, provided the recipe is taken continuously over a long period. Also, it acts as a general tonic and relieves physical and mental strain.
* Those endless cups of coffee and tea, and cola drinks can only temporarily cover the symptoms of tiredness. Eventually, you will be much more fatigued. So don’t seek refuge in them.
* Sleep is one great rejuvenator. It can renew your strength, wipe out mental fog, and set you on your way to solving new problems with ease.
* Improvement of blood circulation is also necessary to combat fatigue. This can be achieved by daily exercise routines like brisk walks, taking up a sport, or swimming. Give your brain a bounce with some fresh air, a bit of gardening.
* Take time for a little fun and frolic each day, and your tired feeling will disappear. Never let a day go by that you do not enjoy life. Put a little bit of vacation in every day not just into every year.
Pic credits: fotosearch.com
You might also like: