You must have observed some persons who behave queerly while conversing with others. They try to close their mouth with a hanky while talking, maintain a reasonable distance from the other person and are usually in a hurry to end the conversation. This peculiarity is immediately obvious to you. Knowing them to be otherwise confident and self-assured, you are left wondering as to what they are trying to hide. And then it dawns upon you that the reason for this abnormal behavior is bad breath. But it is no laughing matter when you are the sufferer and face such an embarrassing situation of bad breath, also known in medical parlance as ‘halitosis’.
Temporary bad-breath can occur when one has savored delectable dishes interspersed with strong flavored foods like onion, garlic, or as a result of food particles getting trapped in the teeth cavities. Other causes could be constipation and/or as a symptom pointing to other diseases. Read all about it in Bad Breath (Halitosis).
Here are some home based tips and remedies for bad breath:
*See to it that you are properly hydrated and eat fresh, fibre rich vegetables and foods to keep constipation at bay. If you suffer from indigestion then try some of these home remedies.
* Make a habit of chewing saunf (fennel seeds) after every meal. This not just freshens the breath but also aids digestion.
* Prepare a paste of sandalwood by rubbing it with water on a clean stone slab. Squeeze half a lemon in it. Use this mixture as a mouth wash. This will freshen the breath.
* Bitter neem with its antiseptic and antibacterial properties is ideal for cleaning teeth. So brush teeth with neem twigs and neem paste. It is good for the gums also.
* Eat a fragrant green cardamom (elaichi) after meals. It is an excellent mouth freshener.
* Use coriander (dhaniya) decoction as a mouth wash.
* Mix lemon juice with twice the quantity of rose water. Use this mixture to gargle as often as possible. This helps to get rid of bad breath.
Related Posts That You May Like: