None of us really want to spend an hour each morning priming and primping in order to look our best, but nearly all women are willing to do whatever it takes to obtain the appearance of youth and beauty that gives them the confidence to face each day. Luckily, we have access to a multi-billion dollar industry aimed at helping us to look our best, complete with a wide variety of products that cater to the busy modern woman. So if you're looking for ways to save time in the morning but still look like a million bucks all day, here are a few tips to shave minutes off your routine and get the same results that you currently spend hours on.
- Start with a flawless palette. The best way to simplify any makeup routine is to start with a surface that needs no correction. So if you'd like to do away with the blemishes, blotches, scarring, and dark spots that require you to use myriad foundations, concealers, and other cosmetics, and you're interested in reducing fine lines and wrinkles, there are solutions. You can start with a visit to a dermatologist to formulate a routine with the products needed to cure and repair your skin woes, as well as get suggestions about helpful procedures (peels, laser treatments, injections, etc.). Once you've got a perfect palette you can seriously condense your daily regimen.
- Use primer. It sounds like adding an extra step, but in fact it could help you to cut back on the number of cosmetic products you need. Primer can fill in fine lines and wrinkles so that you need fewer products and applications to get the same results. It maximizes the life and effectiveness of anything you layer on top of it and if you get a luminizing formula it will even add a youthful glow.
- Try combination products. With all kinds of options for tinted moisturizers, liquid-to-powder finishes, and even multiuse products that can act as a blush, lipstick, and eye shadow all in one, you hardly need a makeup bag packed with goodies. With just a couple of convertible products in your purse you can provide for all of your cosmetics needs and seriously cut down on wasted space and time.
- Stick to the basics. Although many women like the look of a fully made-up face, the truth is that a simple, five-minute face is adequate for the daily grind. With flawless skin you hardly need foundation, so use a bit of concealer where needed and seal it with a mineral sheer. Then add a bit of color to cheeks for a youthful flush that makes you look alert, sweep on some mascara and gloss, and head out for the day after just a few minutes spent on your makeup.
- Don't try it just because it's trendy. Although you may get tons of great offers from Groupon, hotdealsboard.com, and any other DOTD sites you sign up for, it behooves you to wait for deals on the cosmetics you currently use. This is not to say you shouldn't change up colors seasonally and throw out your expired items in favor of newer products, but switching cosmetics companies constantly is like asking for skin problems, which could seriously impact the time you spend on your daily routine. So once you find a brand that works for your skin, it's in your best interest not to mess with perfection.
Related Posts That You May Like: