* Mix a quarter spoon of each of the juice of tulsi (holy basil), mint, fresh ginger (adrak), betel leaf and honey. This recipe gives instantaneous relief in cough.
* Roast 4-5 cloves and chew them with jaggery. It is also an effective remedy for coughs.
* Equal parts of lime juice and honey is also beneficial.
* A cup of grape juice mixed with a teaspoon of honey is also helpful.
* A syrup of 1 teaspoon raw onion juice with 1 teaspoonful of honey kept over 3 to 4 hours serves as an excellent cough syrup.
* Soak almonds overnight and remove their skin. A paste of these almonds with little butter and sugar is very useful for dry cough.
* Steam inhalation with few drops of tincture benzoin or 1/4th teaspoonful camphor water for 15 to 20 minutes is often helpful.
* Rubbing the chest, back, throat and nose with camphor water provides some relief. For young kids, sprinkle a few drops of menthol extract on handkerchief and place it near the face of the child. This remedy is soothing and will result in uninterrupted sleep.
* An older child can reduce the cough considerably by sucking on a lump of sugar.
* For severe cough, mix tulsi juice with garlic juice and honey. A teaspoonful of this mixture taken once in every three hours will cure excessive cough.
* Chewing betel leaf with 3-4 black Tulsi (Krishna Tulsi) leaves, a clove and a small quantity of menthol thrice a day provides relief from severe cough.
* For dry coughs, start eating apples each day for 2-3 weeks until your cough is cured. Avoid sour apples, though.
Check out other Home Remedies for cough also.
Pic credits: clipartheaven.com
Related Posts That You May Like: