The day dawns beautifully for those who have had a night of good sleep. But the same day drags on for those who have spent a disturbing, sleepless night. Sleep is a biological necessity even as eating and drinking are. Sufficient sleep renders a person normally sociable, lively and high-spirited. It’s a nature’s way of rejuvenating the person for the next day. Realize all this, and make sleep a physiological habit.
The consequences of long time sleep deprivation can be very grave. Lack of sleep takes its toll on the skin and hair. It causes acne-breakouts and makes one look aged and haggard beyond years. Experts opine that during sleep as our metabolic rate falls, blood goes to those areas which need the most repairing. This also steps up the production of collagen and keratin, which aid the regeneration of skin cells and help resist premature ageing. So for a younger looking and a problem free skin you need to have a good quality of sleep every night.
Here are some tips which will ensure you a sound sleep. Along with these tips, some of these home-remedies will also help.
* Soak poppy seeds (khas khas) in water and keep it overnight. Grind it to extract the thick milk. Similarly extract milk from a grated coconut. Mix equal quantities of both the milks and have it before going to bed. But those who are trying to lose weight should avoid this as this liquid is very high in calories.
* Mix 2 tsp of honey with 2 tsp of lemon or lime juice and have it before going to bed.
* Roast an onion and extract its juice and have it before going to bed.
* Also try massaging the soles of your feet with castor oil.
* Alternatively you can try massaging the soles of your feet with cucumber peels also.
* A soak in a tub of warm water before you hit the pillow also helps you to sleep well. Read Water Therapy for insomnia.
* Avoid coffee late in the evening.
* Avoid long naps during the day.
You might also like: