Heavy and excessive bleeding during menstruation, with pain in the abdomen and the lumbar region is a source of discomfort and pain for some girls. Also called as menorrhagia, this sometimes can lead to anemia. Some of these home remedies will help in providing relief.
* Burn to ashes the outer fibrous covering of the coconut. Mix one tsp of this ash with a cup of coconut water. Add sugar candy to taste and drink it twice a day.
* During this period use a lot of green amaranth in your diet.
* Drink a cup of curds mixed with a tbsp of the juice extracted from banana flowers. This gives quick relief.
* Eat a handful of roasted green mango peel.
* Prepare a curry out of banana flower. Mix it with curds and eat it.
* Drink lemon juice 3-4 times a day during menstrual period.
* For 4 parts of water, add one part of coriander (cilantro) seeds and boil it until the decoction reduces to half. Then strain it, add sugar candy and drink it when it is still warm. Do this for 3-4 days.
* The tender leaves of pomegranate can also be used for the treatment of this condition. Seven leaves along with seven grains of rice should be made into a paste and taken internally twice a day for a month. This works both as a preventive as well as curative medicine.
* Sugarcane juice, grapes, banana, amla, pomegranate – all these are useful in this condition. Hot and spicy things are to be strictly avoided.
* During such times, one should not resort to any strenuous or light exercise. Adequate rest will help. Worry, anxiety and anger also should be avoided as far as possible. Complete mental and physical rest is highly recommended. Prolonged exposure to sun, heat, indiscriminate traveling and long journeys should be avoided.
* While sleeping try raising the foot of the bed or place a pillow below your feet.
Related Posts That You May Like: