1) Boil aloe leaves and take the fleshy part of the inside of the leaves to use as a poultice over wounds.
2) A most popular remedy to arrest bleeding in fresh wounds is to plug the site with some turmeric (haldi) powder. Quick lime can also be added to turmeric to hasten the effect.
3) The fine powder of the Black Plum (‘Jamun’ in Hindi) bark should be sprinkled on the fresh wounds for quick healing and to arrest bleeding.
4) Camphor (‘Kapur’ in Hindi) is powdered, pasted in ghee and applied over the affected area to relieve pain and inflammation.
5) Application of old coconut oil (not fresh oil) heals wounds and burns quickly.
6) Tie the ripe, clean leaves of banana onto the wounds, to clear it from pus foul odor. Change this dressing twice a day.
7) Make a fine paste of garlic cloves and apply on wounds to rid them of worms. Roll the paste in to a ball and leave it on the wound.
8) Make a decoction of the bark ‘Arjun’ (scientific name: Terminalia arjuna, ‘Maddi’ in Kannada) powder and wash wounds with it. This aids the healing process and speedens normalization of skin.
9) Paste the leaves of Bael (Bel) leaves without adding water. Apply this on pus-oozing wounds to get relief.
Category: Home-remedies , Health
See also: Home remedies for headache / Home remedies for common cold / Home remedies for dandruff /Home remedies for eczema / Home remedies for flatulence / Home remedies for anemia