How is this prickly heat caused?
Quoting from this source:
It is caused by bacteria or dead skin cells blocking sweat glands. The rash particularly affects areas where sweat is trapped and cannot evaporate, such as the feet for instance. People who often have prickly heat also tend to be susceptible to heat stroke.
Home remedies for prickly heat
The following home-remedies and tips may provide relief from prickly heat.
* Eat grapes or consume plenty of grape juice everyday.
* Drinking cool frothy butter-milk (Chaas) also does good.
* A cold infusion of coriander (dhania) seeds twice a day also works wonders.
* Sattu mixed with water and a pinch of sugar gives immediate relief.
* And how can one forget ‘tender coconut’ water which has lots of goodness in it. Just go for it and drink gallons of it.
* You could also extract juice from a pineapple, dilute it with coconut water and drink it.
* Cool your skin – treat the affected area by sponging with cold water.
* Make a paste of sandalwood powder with rose water and apply to affected parts.
* Combine cumin seeds (jeera) powder with coconut oil to obtain a thick consistency. Apply an hour before a bath.
* Take 10 grams of sandalwood paste, 5 grams of ground poppy seeds (Khuskhus) and three tablespoon of rosewater. Combine together and apply.
* Boil neem leaves and use this water to bathe.
* Don’t sit in stuffy rooms. Get plenty of fresh air.
* Wear cotton clothes; avoid synthetic clothes and such garments which do not absorb sweat.
* Sprinkle prickly heat powder all over the affected parts of your body after a bath. You could even use sandalwood-powder for this purpose.
* Bathe twice a day if you feel too sweaty and unclean.
Related Posts That You May Like: