Mint for health and beauty
1. An infusion of the leaves is used in doses of 1-2 tsp thrice a day in condition of indigestion and tastelessness. Ayurvedic physicians recommend mint tablets for stomach pains caused by indigestion.
2. Women suffering from morning sickness can add lime juice, ginger juice and honey to the mint decoction and have it twice a day for getting relief.
3. Mint leaves infusion is also useful in stimulating menstruation in those suffering from dysmenorrhea. Note: Papaya and aloe gel are also effective in such cases.
4. The mint leaves juice is also beneficial to those suffering from hyperacidity.
5. Prepare a decoction of mint leaves. Add black salt to it. Drink this juice to relieve yourself from any worm infestation in the stomach.
6. Chewing mint can prevent hiccups.
7. Mint is also found to alleviate migraine pains.
8. The juice can be applied externally on ulcerated skin to heal it.
9. The application of mint oil helps the skin to be free from blemishes and helps to cool the external skin. Mint oil is widely used in making body lotions, bathing oils, soaps and skin tonics.
Category: Cosmetic/Medicinal value of vegetables, fruits, herbs etc.
See also: Lemon as a beauty aid / Milk for health & beauty / Buttermilk for beauty / Aloe vera, the wonder herb / Tulsi (Basil for beauty) /Cucumber for beauty and health / Banana-medicinal and cosmetic value/ Papaya for health and beauty/ Cosmetic value of natural foods-1