Honey, nature’s soother, is more that just sweet. Ever since the dawn of civilization it has been the favorite food of all ages. This miraculous gift of nature has imbibed the heat of the sun and the fragrance and nectar of the flowers, maybe that’s the reason why it is so tasty and delicious. Honey is highly nutritious - it has traces of minerals and vitamins not to mention the antioxidants which destroy free radicals and delay ageing. In short, it is a safe and wholesome food for old, children and adults.
The medicinal and curative properties of honey are too many to be ignored.
* Honey can be taken either with warm milk or with lemon juice and radish juice as a remedy for cold.
* Honey in warm milk or water can give relief to sore throats.
* Gargling with honey is very useful in gingivitis.
* A daily addition of honey to the food stimulates digestion and regulates the acidity of the gastric juices.
* One spoon of fresh honey mixed with the juice of half a lemon in a glass of lukewarm water taken first thing in the morning is very effective for constipation, hyperacidity and obesity.
* Honey is used to cure gastrointestinal problems. It is used as a remedy for gastritis and stomach and duodenal ulcers. In other words, for diseases accompanied by a rise in acidity.
* A mixture of honey and rose petals when taken in the morning, at the initial stages of tuberculosis produces best results.
* It is believed that a moderate quantity of honey and pomegranate (anar) is good for people with heart trouble or heart weaknesses.
* Asafetida (Hing) fried in ghee and mixed with a tablespoon of honey can be taken thrice a day for heavy and painful menstrual periods and leucorrhea.
* A daily intake of honey strengthens the immune system in children thus developing their disease resistance capacity.
* Add honey and fresh fruit to low-fat yoghurt for an energy sustaining snack or stir a spoonful of honey into a glass of water before your daily workout.
So for a healthy lifestyle and a quick source of energy and to reap the benefits of honey’s healthful properties, make honey part of your daily diet along with plenty of fruits and vegetables.Pic credits:fotosearch.com
Related Posts That You May Like: