M. Asks: My problem is the darkening of the inside areas of the thighs near the private parts. I have tried to scrub this hard but in vain. Can you please suggest some remedy?
It’s really normal for the skin to be a few shades darker on the inside parts of thighs; everyone has it; so stop worrying on that account. I wouldn’t actually consider it a problem as such, as that part is not usually exposed except for the models and those in the showbiz who have the added pressure to show that their skin is even-toned everywhere. I would leave it alone if I was you. But if you are so disturbed by it and if the darkening is significant, then surely you must do something about it!
Possible reasons for darkening of skin inside the thighs.
- · If you are overweight or obese, there is a possibility that the gap between your thighs is very less. This will make the thighs to rub against each other while walking, not only causing discomfort to you, but the skin there may become reddish and sore and though this soreness may disappear after you apply an ointment, overtime such friction could lead to considerable skin darkening in that area.
- · If you have to walk too much and the thigh gap is almost negligible, your problem is still more aggravated. The constant friction between the fatty tissues will generate heat and of course you will sweat in those areas. The chemicals in the sweat, the friction – all these will lead to skin discoloring. And in summer when the climate is extremely hot and humid, then this problem will inconvenience you to no ends.
- · Also if you are wearing tight clothing that clings to your body like second skin, you’ll have this problem. Wearing skin-tight jeans means these fabrics rub on your skin all the time making your skin several shades darker.
- · Certain hormonal changes, the meds you take (if you are on oral contraceptive pills), certain days in your menstrual cycle, if you have PCOS (Polycystic ovarian disease), insulin resistance etc. all these can cause significant skin darkening not only near the inner things but also at the back of the neck, underarms etc.
- · Excessive shaving with blunt blades and going over the same area again and again to get rid of the smallest hairs will not only irritate the delicate skin but also cause discoloration.
Home Remedies for skin darkening at the inner thighs
I’d like to suggest some home-remedies for your problem; they’ll not completely whiten the skin but definitely they will make the discoloration several shades lighter. But if you want it to look the same as the skin on the other parts of your body, you’ll have to visit a dermatologist who’ll probably prescribe a skin peeling cream and a skin lightening cream. However, I’d prefer home-emedies any day to those creams. Anyway, it’s you who has to make a choice.
- · First of all, if you are overweight, try and reduce your weight. Cut down on your diet, exercise, do yoga and somehow lose weight. Your thigh gap will increase as a result and the friction will be less and you’ll also feel comfortable.
- · Avoid tight-fitting clothes and change your undergarments twice a day.
- · Do not shave in those areas; instead try waxing.
- · You may have found that the darkened inner thigh area is a bit drier than other areas. Apply coconut oil to which lemon juice is added. Coconut oil moisturizes and also helps do away with pigmentation and lemon juice is a bleaching agent. Apply it for about 20 minutes and then wash off with warm water
- · You mentioned that you tried to rub over the area vigorously. Don’t do that. Instead use a mild scrub like this one. Take some coarsely powdered oats, add some yoghurt and a tsp of honey; mix well and gently scrub over the area for 2 minutes. Leave it on for around 15 minutes and gently remove it off with a warm wash cloth. Oats and yogurt exfoliate the area, while honey is anti-bacterial, moisturizing as well as a bleaching agent.
- · Application of sandalwood (chandan) or red sandalwood (rakta chandan) paste will also soothe the area. You may add a few drops of lemon juice to it also.
- · Take milk powder, cucumber juice and honey and apply it to the affected area and leave on for 15 minutes. If you don’t have milk powder at home, you can substitute it with milk also.
- · Break a vitamin E capsule into some aloe gel and apply to the area. Aloe is a natural skin soother and vitamin E will help with discoloration.
- · You can also apply almond oil, coconut oil or olive oil to ease that area and reduce inflammation.
Related Posts That You May Like: