Whether you purchase your many beauty products in the store, buy them homemade from a local retailer, or brew them up yourself in your kitchen, there are always new advances and recipes to add to your roster and improve your regimen. Staying on top of the latest and greatest in the vast market of beauty products and trends is not always easy, especially with everyone recommending their favorites, but there are a few things you can look for in order to ensure that the products you choose meet your standards and fit your needs. Here are a few tips for finding the newest items to make yourself beautiful.
1. Avoid chemicals. If you prefer organic or homemade beauty products, chances are good that you’ve already jumped on this bandwagon. But with more and more products causing allergic reactions and companies seeking out loopholes that allow them to advertise their products as “natural” when they aren’t, it can be difficult to find the items that meet your criteria. Your best bet is probably to make your own, but if you don’t have time, look for products that are not only advertised as toxin-free, but are also fragrance-free (as fragrances are often made with chemical compounds that are not required to be listed on packaging). If you’re not sure, check with the Campaign for Safe Cosmetics to see if the companies you like have signed the Compact for Safe Cosmetics to ensure customer safety.
2. Be wary of trends. Buy your beauty products like you buy your electronics. You know if you are the first in line for the new iPhone, you’ll be sorry six months down the road when Apple releases the bug-free version (sure they test it, but they have a release date to hit!). It’s no different with cosmetics or creams. Wait until you’re sure the products are safe to avoid some of the pitfalls of acting as a company’s lab rat.
3. Embrace organic. As the demand for eco-friendly merchandise continues to grow, so does the variety and availability of green and organic beauty products. They are often all-natural (free of paraben, sodium laureth sulfate, and other chemicals), they don’t depend on harmful animal testing, and they now offer just as many benefits and options as other brands.
4. Shop smart. Plenty of companies offer products that practically promise the moon, but use a little common sense. While some may show results over time (or even instantaneously), they are often short-lived and no substitute for proven remedies (this can be applied to just about anything from cellulite reduction to softening the appearance of fine lines and wrinkles). Listen to what your mother told you: if it seems too good to be true, it probably is.
5. Start on the inside. Being beautiful starts with having a healthy lifestyle, so stay hydrated, implement a balanced diet, and get plenty of exercise. When your body is functioning at its peak, you’re sure to exude a natural glow that will allow you to cut back on the products needed to maximize your beauty.
Related Posts That You May Like: