Is maintaining a happy and healthy lifestyle very important to you? Are you always looking for more information on healthy living, health and fitness, longevity, beauty tips and what not?
The topic of our discussion today is unwanted hair. Just imagine not having to deal with the tedium, frequency, expense, and pain of constantly getting rid of it.
Imagine a laser beam of light that can get rid of your unwanted hair, and keep it away for a long time.
Sounds too good to be true? It is not!
Laser Hair Removal could be your answer.
Laser Hair Removal is considered to be one of the most intriguing and rapidly developing technologies that utilize a cosmetic approach to a medical procedure.
The first Advanced Laser Clinic was opened in Lynnwood, Washington in April of 2000.
The clinic’s immediate success along with increasing demand for services led to two more clinic openings within less than six months.
Now, 10 years later, there are multiple clinics dealing with Laser Hair Removal in every state.
So what is Laser Hair Removal?
It is a very extensively researched, thoroughly tested, highly effective method to permanently reduce unwanted hair on just about any treatment area.
So Why Use a Laser?
Here are a few reasons:
• Have you been using tweezers, shaving, waxing and depilatory creams? Their disadvantage is that unwanted hair normally returns within three to seven days
• Electrolysis provides longer-lasting results than conventional methods. However, electrolysis is too painstaking and time-consuming as it treats one hair follicle at a time
• Compared to electrolysis, Laser Hair Removal typically requires fewer treatment sessions, minimal discomfort and less time per session.
Benefits of Laser Treatment are:
1) It can remove hair from many areas of the body, including the face, upper lip, bikini line, and neck area
2) The results of the laser can last for many weeks before hair is even slightly visible
3) Results in the upper-body last from 7 to 11 weeks
4) Mid-body results last from 10 to 16 weeks
5) Leg treatments last from 11 to 17 weeks
Am I a Good Candidate for Laser Hair Removal?
The best candidates for laser hair removal are fully able to comply with aftercare instructions and well-educated with realistic expectations.
Here are some criteria to help you decide if you are a good candidate:
• Dark hair, light skin, and coarse hair are the easiest to treat. These patients typically see the best results and require fewer treatment sessions
• Blond, grey, and red hairs are more difficult to treat with a laser
• Tanned patients must wait until the tan fades before treatment
• Candidates who suffer from various skin disorders like psoriasis, dermatitis etc. are not ideal candidates for laser hair removal
• The procedure does not necessarily result in 100 percent reduction of unwanted hair in the first treatment session
What is the Laser Hair Removal Procedure Like?
Laser hair removal is performed in a physician's office or laser hair treatment facility.
Depending upon the extent of the treatment, time in treatment ranges from one half hour to a couple of hours. Keep in mind that multiple sessions may be needed.
During the procedure, a laser is used to dispense a fine intense beam of heated light that removes the hair follicles, but preserves the skin in the surrounding area.
Patients return home immediately following the treatment.
Normal activities can be resumed immediately.
However, sun tanning is not recommended for at least 24 to 48 hours.
After the procedure, patients are often advised to gently cleanse the treated area with a mild soap.
Most often, discomfort is minimal and does not require medication.
The number of sessions varies depending on individual characteristics and which area was treated.
Additional sessions should not begin until hair has time to regenerate under the skin, which generally takes up to 1-3 months.
I personally got Laser Hair Removal done in one of the Scottsdale Clinics in Scottsdale, Arizona, about 3 years ago.
I got 6 sessions done with 30 days break between them.
I am very happy with the results. Even though it did not eliminate the unwanted hair entirely, it definitely got much lighter and weaker.
Now instead of shaving every 2-3 days, I have to shave only once a month.
What is Laser Hair Removal Cost?
Unfortunately it is still quite expensive.
The clinic I did it through was the most affordable in the city, but for 6 treatment sessions on bikini area, legs and underarms, I had to spend $1,200.
Laser hair removal cost varies quite a bit depending on the Clinic, where you live and how many areas you need treated.
The annual cost for laser hair removal can be less expensive than waxing though.
Providers will often offer special treatment packages that may include a reduced fee for multiple sessions or a discounted fee if multiple areas are treated.
Article by Elena Moiseenko
Elena is the author of happiness blog dedicated to providing people with optimistic outlook on life. If you'd like to read more articles about healthy lifestyle, please visit Happy-Healthy-Successful, your ultimate guide to happy life, financial success, love relationships and healthy living.
It includes lots of motivational videos, really funny jokes, favorite quotes, adventure travel info and much more.
Related Posts That You May Like: