Tricks and Tips to keep your hair looking great without the cash crunch...
* Choose a hairstyle that suits your hair texture and face shape. If your hairstyle requires too many styling products, it's the wrong one for you. Discuss your lifestyle and the look you want with your stylist before a cut. Give clear instructions that you need a cut that will look good with minimum upkeep.
* As far as possible, avoid any heat tools on your hair -- which means do not let curling irons, flat irons, blow-dryers, rollers etc. come anywhere near your hair. All these tools are expensive and they damage your hair, which in the long run makes them more expensive as your mane has to be treated with hair packs. Keep it natural and experiment with styles instead.
* Always check the weather outside before you do your hair. No bun will stay on a windy day even if you try the waxiest wax and your blow-dried hair will turn frizzy with humidity. Let your hair fly freely on a windy day or if there is excessive humidity in the atmosphere, stick to a fuss-free hairstyle - like a ponytail or get stylish with a bandana.
* Before a swim, after you finish applying sunscreen on your skin rub a dollop of the stuff into your hair. This will act like a temporary barrier to the harsh drying effects of chlorine and saltwater on your coloured hair.
* To get that surfer -- girl look -- and control your curls the natural way, try this trick. Pour contact lens solution (Anyway, you have to discard it within 90 days of opening the bottle as per the instructions for its usage) into a spray bottle and spritz it onto wet hair.
* To get highlights, try at-home colour that comes with a semi-permanent fade. They do not require constant touch-ups (which are so heavy on the pocket!) and also save you time!
(Compiled by Smitha)
Related Posts That You May Like: