As we all know, generally, hair is classified into three types: oily, dry and normal. Those of you who possess normal hair are very lucky, for this type of hair is easy to manage. Oily hair goes lank within 2 days of washing whereas dry hair looks brittle as it is not sufficiently nourished by the natural oils from the scalp, not to mention the problem of split ends. But there is another type of hair which is a combination of oily and dry hair. In this case the hair near the scalp is greasy while the ends are dry. After shampooing, hair looks good except for the ends. This type of hair is really very tricky and laborious to manage. Those unfortunate ones with this type of hair not only have to deal with the limpness of greasy hair but the brittleness of dry ends as well. The ends are difficult to set smoothly, split and lighter in color than the roots.
Tips for maintaining combination hair
* Wash as soon as you feel your head itchy and dry.
* Use a shampoo meant for oily hair. While shampooing, do not begin by massaging the ends with the shampoo. Instead, massage it first on your scalp and while rinsing off with water, a little of it will flow and reach the ends which is quite enough.
* You can use a conditioner on your brittle ends after shampooing. However, avoid it for the rest of the hair.
* As for hair packs and other home remedies for hair, you have to use the ones meant for greasy hair. Read tips on oily hair care.
* And yes, while massaging your scalp with suitable hair oil, you have to pay particular attention to the ends, you need to feed and nourish them well. (home made aloe oil for split ends is just fine.)
* You should trim dry ends once in a while.
Related Posts That You May Like: