Home remedies for diarrhea
* Drink lime juice with a little salt. Do not dilute.
* Ginger juice with a pinch of salt is also recommended.
* Fresh pomegranate juice is also helpful. Take a large sized pomegranate and extract the juice. Half a cup of this juice taken 3 or 4 times a day will provide complete relief. (Note: Rind should not be separated from the fruit while processing).
* Sherbath (sweet drink) prepared from the pulp of bael fruit should be taken thrice a day for 3-4 days. This is believed to be an excellent remedy for chronic diarrhea also.
* Slightly fry the outer peel of amla (gooseberry) and grind with a little water. Make the patient to lie down and let this paste be applied around the navel. Pour a little ginger juice in it. This is believed to cure even acute diarrhea.
* Dried fruits of amla (gooseberry) are useful in chronic diarrhea.
* Goat’s milk should be boiled with equal quantities of water and should be administered in dosages of 20-50 ml.
*Prepare a cup of strong tea and flavor it with a pinch of powdered cardamom. Take this tea twice a day for 2-3 days.
* For diarrhea in children: Mix the scrapings of an apple with milk. Mash it thoroughly and give it to the affected child; thrice a day will be effective.
Related Posts That You May Like: