Medicinal benefits and home remedies with Amla (Gooseberry):
* A tablespoon each of fresh gooseberry juice and honey mixed together forms a very effective medicine for several ailments. Its regular use will promote vigor in the body within a few days. When fresh fruit is not available, dry powder can be mixed with honey.
* A tablespoon of gooseberry juice, mixed with a cup of fresh bitter gourd juice, taken daily for 2 months will reduce the blood sugar in diabetes. Diet restrictions should be strictly observed while taking this medicine.
* An equal quantity of amla powder, jamun powder and bitter gourd also makes a very useful remedy for diabetics. A tablespoonful of this mixture once or twice a day would be effective in checking the progress of the disease.
* It is considered an effective remedy for heart disease. It tones up the functions of all the organs of the body and builds up health by destroying the heterogeneous elements and renewing the body energy.
* The juice of Indian gooseberry, mixed with honey is useful in preserving eye sight. It also helps in the treatment of conjunctivitis and glaucoma. It reduces intraocular tension. A cupful of this juice should be taken mixed with honey twice daily in such cases.
* The Indian gooseberry is useful in the treatment of rheumatism. One teaspoonful of powder of dry fruit mixed with two teaspoonfuls of jaggery should be taken twice daily for a month in this disease.
* The dried fruit is good for diarrhea and dysentery. A drink made from amla mixed with lemon juice and misri is considered beneficial in controlling acute bacillary dysentery.
* Gooseberry has revitalizing effects. It is effective in maintaining strength in old age. It improves body resistance and protects against infection. It strengthens heart, hair and different glands in the body.
* A confection prepared from the preserved fruit is useful in chronic constipation and acts as an enhancer of immunity.
* A decoction of the leaves and bark is useful in mouth and tongue ulcers as a gargle.
* An oil obtained from the berries, strengthens hair and promotes hair growth.
Related Posts That You May Like: