One moment you find yourself irritable and down in the dumps for no rhyme or reason; the next moment you find yourself happy and boisterous. These emotional upheavals and mood swings which take you on a roller-coaster ride especially happen when you are dealing with change and pressure.
Here are some of the solutions that might help you when you find yourself swinging from sadness to joy and manage stressful situations in daily life:
* Everyone goes through these mood swings during each and every stage of his/her life. So you are not alone. Even ancient books mention this. Talking to persons and close friends who are going through a similar experience might help. Bottling up your emotions will only aggravate the problem, instead, find a safe place and a trustworthy person to express and unburden yourself.
* Go out at least once per day and notice simple things such as the weather, scenery and so on. If you notice your mind racing or worrying about past or future, take a minute to take a deep breath and gently focus on something in the moment such as your breath, scenery or birds.
* Get creative, develop a hobby. Start writing a diary or a journal to help you organize and express your thoughts and make things more manageable.
* Get enough sleep. Though this advice may sound cliché, it is the best and it works. Adequate rest is so very important, being fatigued can only lead to sadness and irritability.
* Exercise releases feel-good hormones called endorphins which helps control stress and elevates your mood. So exercise and de-stress yourself.
* Crying also helps you relax and makes you feel better. Read here.
* Finally remember that this is a passing phase and that time is the best healer. Things could improve and you may soon be able to manage your emotions and feelings. A counselor or a therapist’s help could be sought if the problem is very grave and if the situation gets out of hand and starts interfering with your dealings in daily life.Pic credits:fotosearch.com
Related Posts That You May Like: