When you feel nauseous or when a little overindulgence over the previous night’s meal has resulted in expelling the contents of your stomach in the form of vomiting, instead of rushing to the doctor, try out some of these ‘quick fixes’ from grandma’s scrapbook.
* Drink juice of tulsi (basil) leaves mixed with a little cardamom powder.
* Chew on some cumin seeds (jeera).
* Crush onions. Smell the crushed pieces; take a deep breath and let the aroma sink in.
* Cut a lemon. Squeeze the juice into a cup full of water and drink it.
* Dissolve spoonfuls of sugar in lemon juice and keep sipping the juice slowly for a considerable length of time. This will stop vomiting.
* Press out the juice of neem leaves and dilute it with water. Shake the mixture vigorously. Sip this preparation; this stops vomiting.
* Burn the skin of cardamom into ashes. Make a paste of this ash with water and add a little honey and take it. This will stop vomiting.
* Mix ½ tsp of cardamom powder and two tbsp of honey with a cup of tender coconut water. Take this internally once in a day; thrice a day if the vomiting is severe.
* Make a fine powder of cinnamon(dalchini). To ½ a tsp of this powder add a few drops of honey and take this preparation twice or thrice at an interval of 10-15 minutes. This stops vomiting.* Pound one onion and 7-8 corns of black pepper and squeeze out the juice through a piece of cloth. Have this juice to stop vomiting.
Related Posts That You May Like: