1. Always wash your face with mild soap so that the pores breathe fresh air. For a clear and attractive skin mix besan, turmeric (haldi), lemon and milk together. Make a paste. Apply it on the face. Let it dry. Wash with clean water. Wipe your face with a soft towel and pat it dry.
2. Rub a rind of lemon over your face if you have an oily skin and this will lessen grease and whiten your complexion.
3. To give velvet smoothness to your skin, just throw in a little starch to the water of our bath.
4. To avoid blemishes, drink first thing every morning a glass of carrot juice.
5. An effective treatment to clear complexions is the mixture of besan with cucumber juice rubbed over the face, neck & arms.
6. Tomatoes cut in half and rubbed over the face are useful for toning up & whitening the skin.
7. An occasional face pack of ice is a good tonic for the complexion.
8. Mixing equal quantities of lime & cucumber juice and applying to the face is also beneficial. It acts as astringent & bleaches the skin.
9. A simple recipe for blemish free skin is as follows:
50 gms channa dal (besan)
10 gms. Fenugreek (Methi) seeds
2-3 pieces turmeric
Powder the above and store it in a container. Use a little of this powder mixed with milk cream and wash the face daily with this instead of soap.
10. Chop banana skin and prepare a pulp with milk or curd. Apply on face.
11. Apply a mixture of 2 teaspoons of buttermilk & a few drops of almond oil & rose water on face & neck for nearly half an hour. Then wash it off.
12. A mixture of rice flour and milk applied on the face acts as a good facial.
13. A mixture of masuri dal (red lentils) and curds applied on the face for about 20 minutes imparts freshness to the face. Also check this Homemade Masoor Dal Face Scrub.
See also: Face masks to lighten blemishes