Ahhh! – You know how painful it is when you sprain yourself. Some sprains can even leave you immobile and numb with pain for a couple of days. All that is required of you is a bit of pampering and nurturing of those sprained parts. And you will be fit in not time.
* Hot water fomentation provides a bit of respite. So go for it when you sprain yourself.
* Slightly heat a pulp of tamarind (imli) and apply over the sprain or any swelling caused due to it. It diminishes pain and provides relief.
* Alternatively you could soak tamarind in water and extract the juice. Heat this juice. Add a spoonful of table salt and an equal quantity of jaggery. Boil the mixture until the mixture becomes a jelly-like mass. Apply this hot jelly (bearably hot) on the affected part once everyday till you are relieved of your pain.
* Prepare a mixture of lime juice and honey. Apply it on the affected part.
* Mix powdered jaggery with a little quantity of ghee. Heat it, apply it on the sprain when it is bearably hot and bandage.
* Fresh paste of fenugreek (methi) leaves mixed with lemon juice can also be applied on swellings caused by sprains. This recipe minus the lemon juice works well for reducing the pain caused due to burns also.
Related Posts That You May Like: