Sore throat is a common malady that each one of us faces sometime or the other in our lifetime. This is one of the ailments which responds very well to home based remedies, so there is no reason why one should hesitate to try out these invaluable tips which have been handed over to us by generations of yore. After all these remedies have negligible side-effects and so there is no harm in trying them. And you can always rush to a doctor if they don’t work for you.
Sore throat – Home remedies
* Dissolve a teaspoonful of common salt in a cup of water and gargle.
* Apply a fine paste of drumstick (Sahijan) leaves with a pinch of lime at the base of the throat at bedtime. Combine this therapy with a salt water gargle.
* Take 1 tsp fresh ginger juice, ½ tsp honey and a pinch of turmeric. Take this mixture thrice a day.
* Drinking warm milk to which a pinch of turmeric and a teaspoon of sugar are added also helps to soothe your throat.
* Gargle with a decoction of betel (areca) nuts.
* Chewing on cardamom soothes the throat and clears any obstructing phlegm.
* Extract juice from neem leaves and mix it with a small quantity of honey. Heat the mixture slightly. Use this warm liquid as a gargle.
* 1 tsp of honey should be mixed with a glassful of decoction of harad (available at any ayurvedic stores) and consumed, twice a day to relieve your throat infection.
* Boil liquorice (Jesthamadhu, mulhati) roots, pepper seeds and a few sugar candy crystals in milk and take an ounce thrice a day with honey to soothe throat irritation.
Related Posts That You May Like: