It is very difficult to come across a happy, contented face in a crowd these days. Stress has become a way of life with people these days. Sure, we all need to be a little tense once in a blue moon. After all it acts as a positive force and helps us get things done. But when tension becomes a habit with us and we are unable to cope up with it, we say we are undergoing stress. Some people are simply born more tense than others. Children of over-anxious parents generally grow up to be more anxious than the others.
Here are a few tips to chase away stress:
1. Develop a good self-image. Give yourself credit when you accomplish a difficult task. Even if you do not succeed, give yourself credit for trying.
2. Worrying about what will happen or what has happened is unproductive. Live your life and enjoy it now.
3. Learn to enjoy the moment. Many of us are victims of “hurry sickness”, we live too much of the future and don’t enjoy the moment.
4. Remember you have to pay a heavy price for worry in terms of your health.
5. Don't set goals beyond your own reach. Judge yourself realistically.
6. Learn to say “No” assertively to things you don’t want to do, without feeling guilty.
7. Do not take yourself too seriously. Schedule time to be with friends you really like and can share a laugh with. Take time to celebrate holidays, birthdays and anniversaries. Refer to the posts Cultivate inner beauty with better mental health, Sense of humor-tips to regain it
8. Do one thing at a time. Don’t overburden yourself with many tasks.
9. Do not feel that you have to finish all the work you are responsible for. Only a dead body is completely finished with its work. Remember! There is always a tomorrow in waiting.
10. Talk over your problem with someone you can trust or just sleep over it.
11. Crying is a good sign because you feel relaxed afterwards.
12. Try to understand things from others point of view also.
13. Don’t hold grudges against people. It will harm you in the long run. Forgive and forget. Refer to the post Beauty and health effects of negative emotions
14. Yoga, exercises and meditation are great stress busters. Devote at least 1 hour in a day for them. Refer to the post Benefits of walking also.
15. Sleep well in a well ventilated room, with a relaxed mind.
You might also like: