When you’re just not catching enough zees, the lack of REM reboot will begin to show, particularly on your face. Your skin will become ashy and those dark circles that you loathe will seem more pronounced than ever. Plus, you’re just going to start to look tired after a while, not only from drooping eyelids and a vacant expression, but from the slump of your body. Even if you can’t seem to get your full recommended eight hours a night (who can these days?) you don’t want to look like you’re burning the candle at both ends. So here are just a few beauty treatments that will have you looking restored, rested, and revitalized in no time.
- Coffee. While you can certainly down a few cups every day to up your energy and get moving, you might be surprised to learn that coffee can also perk up your skin tone. Instead of tossing your used coffee grounds, let them cool and then use them to create an exfoliating scrub that will remove dead skin cells and give you a healthy glow. You can also leave them on as a mask (mix ¼ cup with one egg) to firm sagging skin; caffeine can reduce moisture to tighten pores, as well as increase blood flow to help repair tissue and diminish dark circles.
- Healthy eating. All kinds of beauty products are now incorporating restorative foods as part of an all-around plan to revitalize dull skin and get it back to its former glory. But you can also do a lot to up the beauty factor by ingesting these healthy items. Fish that are high in essential fatty acids like omega 3 (wild salmon, for example) can help to moisturize and firm your skin, colorful fruits and vegetables provide powerful antioxidants to clear out free radicals that can damage your cells, and water keeps you hydrated and helps to flush impurities from your whole body. And adding exercise to the mix will reduce your stress levels, help you to sleep more deeply, and leave you looking (and feeling) relaxed and reenergized.
- Power naps. If your nightly rest is frequently interrupted, or if you simply don’t have time for a full night’s sleep, then a power nap in the early afternoon can help to keep you going strong all day. Just fifteen minutes of resting your head on your hands at your desk (at the end of your lunch break, for example) can give you the boost you need to restore brain power and look like yourself again. But make sure not to nap too long or you could end up reducing the benefit and making yourself even sleepier.
- Vacation! This is the treatment that restores not only your looks, but also your spirit. Arrange for a few days of R&R at your favorite spa (complete with massage and other treatments), get out to the wilderness for a camping trip with no electronics, or hit up the Las Vegas strip for a night of free roulette, craps, and blackjack. A good vacation will help to take your mind off the stresses of your everyday life and restore your inner and outer beauty.
- Cosmetic procedures. Although some people find this strategy rather extreme, you may want to check out simple treatments like lunchtime Botox or even more intensive procedures like face lifts to repair the ongoing damage caused by sleep deprivation.
Related Posts That You May Like: