Eyes are the windows to our soul, it is said. So let’s get to know some interesting facts about these precious organs:
- A human eyeball weighs an ounce.
- The space between your eyebrows is called the Glabella.
- The average person blinks about 12 times a minute. That's an amazing 10,080 blinks in 14 waking hours. And in a year our eyes blink over 10,000,000 times!
- The reason why our nose gets runny when we are crying is because the tears from the eyes drain into the nose.
- It is impossible to sneeze with your eyes open.
- Men are able to read fine print better than women can.
- An eagle can see a rabbit about 1 mile or 1760 yards away. Now the average person needs to be about 550 yards away to see the same rabbit.
- All babies are colour blind when they are born.
- Being color blind does not mean you only see in black and white. People who are color blind just can't see things in as many colors as people who have normal vision, and they cannot see certain colors like red, green, and some blues.
- It’s a myth that children outgrow squint-eyes (cross-eyes). It is not normal in children older than four months of age and will not go away by itself.
Related Posts That You May Like: