* Nails should not be kept too long that there is a possibility of their breaking nor should they be cut too short so that they expose the nail bed.
* Always use a mild soap or a hand wash while cleaning your hands.
* Do not forget to wear gloves while attending to household chores like washing, cleaning or gardening.
* Avoid direct contact with harsh detergents and other soap solutions.
* To remove the dirt off the nails, put your hands in lukewarm water to which a drop of a mild shampoo is added. Remove them after 1-2 minutes and gently clean them with a soft brush or soft linen.
* To remove stains from your nails and fingers try some of the home remedies.
* For keeping the nails shining and strong, sometimes in your leisure time, massage the nails and the cuticles with olive oil, with slow and gentle strokes.
* Massaging nails with the diluted water of alum also keeps them shining.
* A gentle massage with mustard (sarson) oil also helps.
* You can also use this homemade rich nail cream.
1 teaspoon avocado (butter fruit) pulp
1 teaspoon egg yolk
1 teaspoon honey
A pinch of salt
Blend all the ingredients to a smooth consistency. Apply a small quantity of the paste to each nail, massaging gently into cuticles and surrounding skin. Rinse off after half an hour. You may prepare this cream in a larger quantity by increasing the proportions of the ingredients and store it in the refrigerator, to be used within a month.
For the oils and the creams to work on your nails and for better results you shouldn’t use your fingers or nails for at least half an hour. So the best time to massage nails is a few hours before retiring to bed. That way you won’t be using them for a long time.
Pic credits: fotosearch.com, digitalphoto.pl
Related Posts That You May Like: