* Before applying make-up, rub a piece of ice gently on your face. Pat dry with a soft towel. Use a concealer cleverly to camouflage blemishes and scars if any.
* Use a small quantity of a dark colored liquid foundation cream (see to it that the foundation cream is not too lighter than your skin color.) If it is too thick, add a few drops of plain water and then spread it gently over your face and neck.
* Check carefully to see that the foundation cream has blended on your skin, without leaving patches.
* Touch your cheeks, chin and forehead with a small quantity of blush: powder blush for an oily skin and cream blush for the dry skin. This should be used very carefully, or else it can change the skin tone to crimson. Select any dark shade; never use light pink.
* Use dark-colored compact for your face with a very light hand. Avoid applying too much powder, specially around the eyes. Always dust off the excess powder with a clean dry sponge.
* Eyes are probably the best assets of a dark skin. Clear white eyes with dark black irises look vivid and beautiful against a dusky skin. Accentuate them with proper make-up.
* Do not forget to shape your eyebrows regularly as straggling, thick eyebrows look awful on a dark skin. Shape your eyebrows with light feathery strokes to avoid harsh lines over the eyes.
* Select dark shades of lipstick and nail polish. There are many colors in red, maroon and chocolate shades which will suit your complexion. Light, pink or mauve should be avoided.
Related Posts That You May Like: