Khuskhus (poppy seeds) is one of the spices used in Indian cuisine. Here’s how you could use it as a beauty aid and as a home-remedy for common ailments.
Poppy seeds (Khus Khus) for beauty
Khas-khas seeds lend an almost fragile transparency to the skin. Because they are so tiny, it is bit of a problem to grind them to a paste. Put some seeds into a spice-hand grinder, which is usually used in
, and add some milk to the seeds. Grind to a smooth paste. Then apply it all over your face and relax for 10 minutes. This should be done once in a week. India
Poppy seeds (Khus Khus) home remedies
You could try out some of these remedies for common ailments using khas khas.
* For abdominal pain, sciatica or colic, you could mix the powder of these seeds with ghee and take it 2-3 times a day.
* Make a paste of these seeds in water and have it 2-3 times a day in case of diarrhea.
* And if you have trouble falling asleep, intake of the above mentioned paste would be beneficial.
* Consumption of the decoction of the seeds, as also the seeds themselves proves to be useful in cough, asthma and other nervous disorders.
* An external application of the poultice of the seeds provides great relief in joint pains, swellings and other painful conditions.
* Apply a paste of these seeds around the eyes or ears for inflammatory conditions of the eye or ear.
Related Posts That You May Like: