Pomegranates do not contain any fat, cholesterol, or sodium. Additionally, they provide an excellent source of vitamin C and fiber. 1 pomegranate contains nearly hundred calories.
According to a study, if consumed daily over a long period of time, the powerful antioxidants in pomegranates may help combat cancer, high blood pressure, osteoarthritis and may also prevent hardening of arteries.
Home remedies with pomegranate
1) The peel of the fruit should be dried and powdered and taken in doses of 5-10 gms, twice or thrice a day, in cases of hyper-acidity, diarrhea and low appetite.
2) Powdered peel mixed with salt can be used toothpowder.
3) For parasitic infestations like tapeworm etc., decoction of the root, 10-20 gm should be taken followed by a purgative.
4) This fruit is beneficial for dry coughs also.
5) Intake of fresh fruit juice provides relief in urinary disorders.
6) Include this fruit in your diet when you are suffering from fevers.
7) The juice of this fruit can be used to wash wounds and ulcers.
8) For throat and other oral afflictions, gargling with the decoction of this fruit peel helps.
Related Posts That You May Like: