Just because the cosmetic industry may spend billions on marketing expensive dry skin care products at considerable expense to you, doesn’t mean you have to follow suit. The above natural remedies we have mentioned above are effective and great ways to take care of yourself, without adding expense to your life you could be enjoying elsewhere!
Most people don’t know that they can take care of their skin naturally and without huge expense, using a little known household kitchen item – Baking soda!
Baking soda is commonly used for baking, deodorizing refrigerators, and household cleaning. But what you probably don’t know is that It also has numerous properties that your natural dry skin care routine can benefit from:
• Budget Friendly – Baking soda is budget friendly and readily available in most kitchens.
• Non-toxic – Baking soda has natural antibacterial qualities
• Exfoliant – Baking soda removes dead surface skin tissue.
Take a step away from chemical peels skin care products and improve the health and appearance of your skin by giving baking soda a try. And If you aren’t sure how to incorporate baking soda into your natural dry skin care routine, try any of the five easy ideas below.
1. Natural Baking Soda Facial Cleanser – If you’re looking for a cheap and natural cleanser baking soda is your natural skin care answer. Cleanse your skin and revive dry skin by mixing two teaspoons of baking soda with a few drops of water and smoothing onto your face and neck. Thoroughly rinse your face and neck with warm water and pat dry. For an extra natural skin care boost, follow up with a cotton ball soaked in apple cider vinegar. The apple cider vinegar will act as a natural astringent and tone your skin.
2. Therapeutic Baking Soda Bath Soak – If you need a way to relax and unwind after a long hard day, try this tropical pina colada inspired bath soak. Just combine 1 can of coconut milk, 1 ½ cups of pineapple juice, and 3 tablespoons of baking soda. Pour the mixture into your bath as it is filling and then enjoy the tropic scent. While you are soaking the baking soda bath you are helping restore your skin’s pH levels. But there is even more good news: the pineapple juice provides your skin with a punch of vitamin C and B!
The key thing to remember is that when drawing your bath, remember to use warm water. Hot water can cause your skin to become dry and tight.
3. Natural Baking Soda Deodorant – Believe it or not most of the deodorants lining the drug-store shelves contain ingredients that may be irritating to your skin and dangerous to your health. If you’re looking for an alternative to your chemical-based deodorant, try baking soda! After your morning shower, rub one tablespoon of baking soda under your arms. Incredible as it may sound you’ll get all-day odor protection! You can even use it to freshen up between showers.
4. Coconut Oil & Baking Soda Anti-Aging Treatment – If your skin is looking dull and showing signs of aging, this natural skin care scrub is perfect for a quick pick-me-up. Before your morning shower simply massage your face with 1 teaspoon of baking soda mixed with one tablespoon of baking soda. The baking soda will gently exfoliate while the coconut oil moisturizes and diminishes the appearance of wrinkles.
5. Baking Soda Foot Soak – Your feet can benefit from a little natural dry skin care using baking soda. Soak your feet in warm water containing 2 tablespoons of baking soda and one tablespoon of salt for twenty minutes. It is a great, relaxing and effective way to gently cleanse your feet by removing all of the embedded dirt and grime.
BIO:Dr Marina Gafanovich qualified in medicine since 2002. After several years of practice, Dr. Marina moved into private practice in New York, where she continues to maintain her reputation as an outstanding medical doctor and care giver. You can visit her personal blog http://www.rejuvenyc.com/blog
Related Posts That You May Like: