Home remedies for nose bleed
* Lying down during a nose bleed should be avoided.
* Instead sit down and remain calm because the flow of blood might increase if you panic. Then gently pinch the soft portion of the nose between your thumb and finger to close your nostrils for about 5-10 minutes. Lean forward to avoid swallowing the blood and breathe through your mouth. Wait for at least 5 minutes before checking if the bleeding has stopped. Almost all nosebleeds can be controlled in this way if enough time is allowed for the bleeding to stop. You can also apply cold compresses or ice packs from outside the nose. Once your nose bleed stops, avoid any rubbing, sniffing, sneezing, picking, or any activity can easily get it bleeding again, even after a day or two and wait for it to heal completely. After you have had a nose bleed, often the inside of the nose will feel crusty, due to the formation of clots and scabs. Do not pick at your nose or try to remove these debris for at least 24 hours or you risk getting it bleeding again.
After the bleeding has subsided try these measures and home-remedies:
*. Wash the face with cold water and also pour a small cup of cold water on the head.
* Crush an onion and smell it a number of times.
* Put 3-4 drops of freshly prepared Amla (Indian Gooseberry) juice into the nostrils.
* Inhale the juice of fresh pomegranate (Anar) flowers or leaves or use these as nasal drops.
* A small piece of camphor (Kapur), dissolved in the juice of green coriander leaves, and dropped into the nostrils also helps.
* Powder of alum mixed with ghee can also be used as nasal drops.
* Intake of fresh amla juice or the water in which dried amla is soaked overnight also helps.
* A tsp of Chaywanaprasa with milk 2 times a day may also provide relief.
Pic credits: fotosearch.com
Related Posts That You May Like: