* Inadequate hydration sometimes leads to aches and pains. Before popping a pill or rushing to a doctor, make sure that you are drinking sufficient water. Hydrate yourself well and you will be rid of niggling pains and aches. Read Drive back-pain away by drinking enough water.
* Does sleep evade you each time your head hits the pillow? Then a bath in luke-warm water just before going to bed might just be the antidote to transfer you effortlessly to slumber-land. Read Water to cure insomnia.
* Water as a wake-up aid? Now what does that mean? When you rise from a night’s sleep feeling lethargic and indolent, a zippy cold shower is all you need to rouse you up, pep your spirits and get you going.
* Tired eyes due to excessive computer use and television viewing, then splash cold water over your eyes gently to revive them. Read this for more.
* Having cough? Sip hot water slowly. It is an ideal expectorant which thins down phlegm to cough out easily.
* Hot steam vapor helps in sinus conditions while opening up the blockage and eases pain.
* In the case of asthma and bronchitis too, steam inhalation cleanses the upper respiratory passages to improve the breathing.
* High fever? Sponge body with water.
* Application of running cold water on the burns or immersing the affected part in cold water relieves burning sensation and reduces damage to deeper tissues of the skin.
* After a long weary day when you feel completely worn out and fatigued, refresh yourself by immersing your feet in warm water to which a pinch of salt and soda-bicarb is added.
* Nose-bleeding can be stopped by cold compression of chilled water on nose and back of the neck. Direct ice can also be applied for nosebleeds.
* Painful urination or any other urinary infection can be treated by drinking enough water.
* Kill constipation by having plenty of water daily. One or two glasses of cold water an hour before breakfast or hot water half an hour before going to sleep helps. A gentle laxative is a glass of hot water with a squeeze of lemon juice. It works wonders for the stomach and the skin.
* Girls, use an ice-cube on the face before applying make-up. Make-up will remain fresh for longer time.
Related Posts That You May Like: