* If one has a toothache, the first thing that comes to one’s mind is to grab a clove. For centuries, cloves have been chewed to temporarily relieve toothache. You might also dip a clean cotton wool in clove oil and place it between your aching gums and teeth.
* For getting rid of bad breath chew a 1-2 cloves.
* For ordinary coughs, take a teaspoon of crystal sugar and 1-2 cloves and masticate them well.
* Cloves are also used to treat athlete’s foot and other skin infections since studies show that the oil in cloves kills several strains of bacteria.
* Clove tea is used to treat indigestion, flatulence also. It is used to break up intestinal gas and to treat nausea, heartburn and hyperacidity. However do not use this tea for long periods of time as it may have side-effects, especially if you are under medication for other diseases. Do consult your doctor, anyway.
Clove tea: Pour 1 cup boiling water on 1 teaspoon of cloves and let it steep for ten minutes. Add honey if desired.
* For cuts and bites, make a poultice. Grind up several cloves and mix in water to make a paste. Apply the paste to the cut and cover the cut with a warm towel. Leave on for 5 minutes.
* Massaging clove oil can provide relief in sciatica, rheumatoid arthritis and other joint and muscle pains.
* In bronchitis, a few drops of clove oil mixed with ginger juice and honey helps.
* For swollen eyelids accompanied by stinging pain, mixing a little clove powder with water and applying a bit on the eyelids relieves pain.
Pic credits: fotosearch.com
You might also like: