Drumstick (Sahijan/Munga)is the most commonly used vegetable in Indian cuisine; it lends that typical flavor to the ever so famed South Indian curries. Drumstick and the leaves particularly, are loaded with nutrients and minerals. Read all about it and more in this post. Drumstick leaves are used as a first aid and for curing a number of common ailments in rural
* When you are suffering from a headache, all you have to do is to grind a few leaves of drumstick with a few pepper corns and smear it on your aching forehead.
* Cuts, gashes, sprains or swellings? No problem. Just grind a drumstick leaves with castor oil and apply the paste on the affected parts.
* Make a paste of equal quantities of drumstick leaves and radish leaves and apply it externally on bleeding piles.
* Too lean? Find it hard to put on weight? Then mix pepper powder with 2 tbsp each of juice from drumstick leaves and lemon. Take it regularly for 48 days.
* Suffering from severe cold? Runny nose? Then put 1-2 drops of the juice of drumstick leaves in your nostrils.
* Take1 tsp of drumstick juice mixed with 2 tsp of pumpkin juice for urinary and bladder problems.
* As a beauty aid, apply the juice of drumstick leaves mixed with lemon juice to get a clear and glowing complexion.* For mumps, pound the barks of drumstick and deodhar with buttermilk on a stone slab and apply the paste on the swelling.