Do you go to the cupboard to fetch something and can’t remember what exactly you want to search inside it? Do you often forget taking essential things like keys, purse etc. while going out? Don’t worry. Such episodes of forgetfulness are common and natural, and happen because our memories are not properly trained and are grossly underused.
Memory, like every other faculty need to be exercised constantly and nurtured carefully, and one of the ways to do it is the age-old method of memorizing and recalling.
* Make a list of things that need to be accomplished. This prevents worry and keeps the mind free.
* Interest is also an important factor in helping us to remember. We can remember only what is of interest to us.
* Sometimes when something is asked to you, the answer is on the tip of your tongue but it somehow eludes you. In such cases, do not rack your brains. Just relax and think something else and in a few minutes there is a possibility that it will come to you in a flash.
* Keep mind active. Play memory games or solve crosswords and puzzles.
* Memorizing a poem or literary passage is another excellent way to boost memory.
* Physical exercise helps to a great extent in keeping the mind healthy and active.
* It is believed that visualizing a larger than life image of what you wish to remember helps memory. If you want to buy apples, visualize a large red juicy, gigantic apple. This image will stay. The ‘association’ method which depends on conjuring up mental images of what needs to be done works well.
* Writing down whatever needs to be remembered can be practiced initially but this habit should be discarded as soon as one’s memory improves.
* Planning the day and being organized is a great aid to memory – the last minute rush can only lead to forgetfulness and confusion.
Pic credits: fotosearch.com
Related Posts That You May Like: