Cinnamon (dalchini) is a common spice used in the Indian kitchen. Cinnamon aids digestion, blood circulation and stimulates all the vital functions of the body. Cinnamon essential oil is extensively used in aromatherapy. According to a study, cinnamon helps keep blood sugar level in diabetics as well as non-diabetics. It helps lower blood levels of fats and ‘bad’ cholesterol.
A collection of cinnamon based home remedies
- A decoction of cinnamon and peppercorns if taken with honey, will cure sore throat, cold and cough.
- A paste of cinnamon ground in lime juice can be applied on pimples to get rid of them. This paste if applied on the forehead, will prove to be a good remedy for a splitting headache.
- Cinnamon decoction will ease all pains if consumed by new mothers post partum.
- Cinnamon powder taken with honey helps reduce frequent urination.
- Cinnamon taken along with curds will ease stomach ache.
- Chew cinnamon after meals to get rid of bad breath.
- A pinch of cinnamon powder if taken at bedtime will help increase your memory power.
- Cinnamon tea offers helpful relaxation for the stomach upset by the tension and strain of modern living.
Caution: Bark, essential oil can irritate, redden, and even burn sensitive skin. So use highly diluted. Not to be used during pregnancy.
Related Posts That You May Like: