Tulsi (Basil is revered by the Hindus as a holy herb. This belief is not entirely due to any dogmatic religious conviction, but rests upon solid scientific foundations. In addition to its spiritually uplifting qualities, Tulsi has been found to possess extraordinary powers of healing and promoting health. Tulsi is found to be endowed with purifying and antiseptic qualities. The efficacy of the remedies of skin diseases is greatly augmented if they are used in conjunction with Tulsi. Here is a collection of a few such remedies:
- Equal amounts of 5 parts of the Tulsi plant should be dried and powdered together. An extract of this powder has a purifying action on the blood. Regular use of this extract therefore prevents skin diseases.
- Application of a paste formed by grinding Tulsi leaves with lemon juice is an effective treatment for ringworm.
- Continued ingestion of powdered Tulsi roots and leaves with hot water is believed to cure all skin diseases.
- Boil Tulsi leaves in mustard oil. When the leaves have turned completely black, take the oil off the fire and strain it. The application of this oil is beneficial in all skin diseases.
- Those suffering from scabies, ringworm or eczema should drink juice of Tulsi leaves along with an external application on the affected parts.
- Dry Tulsi leaves in the shade, add some alum, grind well and sieve through fine cloth. Store the powder in a clean dry glass bottle. This powder can be applied on any fresh cuts or wounds, and will promote quick healing.
- Application of Tulsi juice on boils is beneficial and gives relief.
- Application of a Tulsi leaves ground in water from the river Ganga is believed to make skin eruptions subside in a very short time.
- Application of a paste of Tulsi leaves and tender shoots of peepar (piper longum) on skin irritations resulting from plucking of hair provides relief.
- Pain due to burns is alleviated by applying equal quantities of Tulsi juice and coconut oil mixed well.
- Rubbing with Tulsi leaves over itching parts brings quick relief. Itching can also be soothed by applying a mixture of Tulsi and lemon juices.
Related Posts That You May Like: