Acne is often the bane of a pretty face. It is painful more emotionally than physically, for the scar that it leaves behind can last for a lifetime, adding to one’s miserable look & feeling. No doubt many expensive skin care clinics have mushroomed in ever nook & corner, offering to clear all the scars & blemishes on the face, but they are very expensive & charge exorbitant price for each sitting; not everyone can afford them.
So why not try out this simple skin care regimen to minimize the damage caused by acne & as far as possible prevent its eruption.
1) Wash your face at least twice a day, once in the morning & once at bedtime with warm water and a pure mild soap or cleanser.
2) Use a clean towel for wiping your face, let others not use it.
3) If your skin is oily, avoid using face cream. Also go easy on make-up.
4) If your skin does break out, do not touch or squeeze the pimples. Pimples if squeezed, may leave permanent marks.
5) There are a number of effective pimple creams available in the market today. Glycolic acid creams have become very popular. Consult a dermatologist (skin-specialist) to know which one is best suited for you.
6) Keep a bowl of water in the fridge & splash this cold water on your face 3-4 times a day. Cold water will tighten the pores left by pimples.
7) Drink a glass of warm water to which lemon juice & a pinch of salt is added, the very first thing in the morning.
8) Make a paste by mixing honey and cinnamon powder. Apply this paste on the pimples before sleeping and wash it next morning with warm water. Repeat for two weeks.
9) Neem leaves and mint (pudina) leaves are excellent for pimples. Crush washed neem leaves or mint leaves to form a paste and apply on affected parts. Leave it for an hour.
10) Applying raw papaya paste to the face helps remove the scars left by pimples.
11) Apply a mixture of sandal wood (chandan) & turmeric (haldi) paste to the face. It dries pimples.
12) Grind nutmeg (jaiphal) with unboiled milk and apply on affected area. This works as a magic. Pimples should disappear without leaving a mark.
13) Drinking of wheat grass juice may remove acne.
14) Ground drumstick pods and leaves and mix mixed with fresh limejuice, and apply on pimples. This is also good for blackheads and dark spots.
15) Mix groundnut oil with an equal amount of fresh limejuice and apply on face. Leave for 10-15 minutes and wash. It may be applied daily to prevent formation of blackheads and pimples.
Related Posts That You May Like: